12/21/10

December 6, 1996 - Friday

Tonight we went and had a D with Svetlana and it was great.  I hardly understood a word but I really feel comfortable with her and her son Дима (Dima) - I think?  Anyway it was really cool.  We went there to give a 1st D, but her husband wasn't home so we asked her if she had questions about what she read or about anything.  She brought out some Book about world religions and asked a question about what it said in there.  It said that Mormons believe that they can become gods.  Which we do.  So Ст. Barnes answered it like a pro.  We can become like God - not above God but like him.  A god. 

Before the D we went and ate at McDonalds with a big group of Elders.  It was kind of a good-bye between and Ст. Nadaulf and Ст. Barnes.  Ст. Nadaulf is going to Воронеж (Voronezh) [which I would find out at the end of my mission was the promised land in the Russian Moscow South Mission - I loved it].  [Ст. Nadaulf] will probably not be back before Ст. Barnes leaves for home.  Also Ст. Kirkwood is going down to Воронеж next week at transfers. 

Wow.  I've almost been here a month.  Elder Dent is leaving this next week.  After the D [with Sveta & Dima] I'm excited to serve a mission.  I feel invincible, I know I'm not.  I know with God I am invincible - without God I am a pile of dirt walking around.  Plus I understood a little of what everyone was saying. 

[Svetlana's] little boy is so cute.  It's weird though.  I have the feeling that most Russians yell at their children.  Wow - what a difference between what I see in my sister's home, Katrina, and also what I want in my home, the same as in Katrina's, which is namely this - happiness no yelling - love - patience etc., and what I see already in Russian's homes.  But hey - I shouldn't judge because I've not been raised in a Russian home so I don't know how I would act if I was. 

Quote of the month from around Thanksgiving.  We were talking about car wrecks and how God helps keep us safe.  Ст. Woolverton - "Only the Lord can save you from a freaking diesel."  With that I close tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment