12/6/10

November 30, 1996 - Saturday

Let me tell you one weird thing about Russia...Kit Kats are made by Nestle'.  Is that weird or what?  Yesterday my companion was sick, so we went to English [Class] at 8am and got back at like 11-12.

We went to sleep , because we hadn't gotten much sleep the night before and then we didn't do anything all day.  Elder Josh King called up to ask me if I knew that Gilbert had been mugged and I had already known that.  So then I got directions to a Russian Department store where I could buy some good boots.  They are going to cost $90, but I haven't used any of the money that I brang from home.

I just finished reading a chapter out of the Книга Мормона [BOM].  It took me quite a while, I'll tell you.  I need to get an extension cord so I can listen to my CD player.  I have no batteries left.  Oh well.  [Russian power outlets run at 220v, and America uses 110v so just plugging it in would fry the electronics without a converter/extension cord.].

No comments:

Post a Comment