8/24/11

May 17, 1997 - Saturday

Well today we went to the cd reenik.  Oh what a lovely place - the birds are always singing - there is always the sun in the sky.  I'm now at 63 cds - up 18 from 45.  I got a couple that I don't know if I'll like, but what will make great presents to my family.

My companion is keeping busy with the Area Book.  [Each companionship is responsible for a geographic area and works with the members and investigators in that area to further missionary work.  If missionaries were suddenly replaced then the new missionaries wouldn't know who was in the area, at what stage they were in etc. unless we kept records - ie. the Area Book.]  

[Elder Schwartz]'s a good guy.  We played chess twice.  The first time he got me.  But the second time he tried the old "4 move checkmate" thing.  Well the thing is if you move your horse out and you can kill their queen after a couple of moves.  He's not afraid to trade pieces though.  I can see he'll be better than me someday.  When he gets good at chess he'll wipe me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment