5/24/12

May 24, 1997 - Saturday

Okay, I've been sleeping in this week.  I need to work on getting up on time.  Yesterday we went over to Парк Културы [Park Koolturi - Culture Park Metro].  We helped Сергей Савелёв [Sergei Savelyov], the priesthood pres. in our branch, who also works at the service center, move some heavy stuff out of Pres. Wright's new apartment.  They need to do some heavy work on that place before pres. moves in.  It would be bad to come home from President Jarvis's apartment and come see that average Russian apartment.  Then we made supper and it was already 8 by the time we got back. 

Well I gotta get ready to go to the picnic.  Hopefully our mini activny member will come.  [No clue on who or what I meant]  Well bye. 

Later 12:25 pm.  We just had a D - sort of - with Алекзандр's [Alexander's] wife.  She, Нина [Nina], talked our ear off.  She really understands people.  She's a good teacher, I can tell. 

We came home on the metro.  At Орехово [Aryekhova Metro] Ст. Shwartz's girlfriend got on with her mom.  Her name is Соня [Sonya].  She lives directly underneath us, only down two floors.  She always says hi to Ст. Shwartz and she says she's 14.  It's hard to tell.  Anyway she got on without seeing us and I told Ст. Shwartz his girlfriend was on the metro.  He looked and then about-faced and looked away.  I stayed facing her and she looked at me once, then looked at Ст. Shwartz, well the back of his head, and gasped - then said something to her mom and then turned bright red.  She said Shwartz and he turned around and waved and she said hi.  I was just laughing my but off.  I was so dang funny.  She's cute - as Ст. Woolverton said "It's a dang good thing she isn't like 18 or 19."

Today I made corn chowder.  It was good.  I got to talk to Emmanuela for 1/2 hr at Измайловскый Парк [Izmailovsky Park] for the picnic.  night.

No comments:

Post a Comment