5/31/12

May 31, 1997 - Saturday

Well another day here and gone.  Today we had a picnic at Царицино [Tsaritsinо - 400 year old area where Katherine the Great started building a palace - now a park with some cool ruins.]  Ира ["блестящая," Гроза  - Ira "blestyashaya" Grozah, or Ira "Shiny" Storm] Надия [Ягадкина - Nadia Yagadkina - Nadia is short for Nadyezhda, Hope and her last name is Berry], Саша [Sasha - one of the nicknames for Aleksander], - (повые члены Церкви) [a new member of the Church - but I totally screwed it up, because I was only talking about Sasha, but I used the plural, and I also used an English n, which is a p in Russian, so what I actually said was "new members" or Povie members], Зинейдя [Zenaida is what it should sound like, but again I misspelled and wrote Zenadya - which is almost right ;)], plus Сты. Kearl and Keller. 

Then an investigator of Wright's - Генады [Genadi], also two brothers Миша [Misha - nickname for Michael] & Серёз [Seryoz - nickname for Sergei] and then this kid named Саша [Sasha] was there.  Maybe we can get him to take the Ds.  That be really good to get a new family.  Man my feet stink.  I'm a freak.  I beat Ст. Shwartz in chess.  It made me feel better.  But I'll probably lose tomorrow.

Well night, it's 11:00 [pm].

No comments:

Post a Comment