9/28/10

September 20, 1996 - Friday

Wow what a difference a good night's sleep and a preperation day make.  I sat in the bathroom and read 1 Nephi 1:1 about good parents.  I tried to write in my other journal [my journal for scripture study] about how bad my parents were.  Or the fact I could've been raised better.  But it was a lie and the spirit told me so.  It led me to write that I was here and I wouldnt've [is that even a word] been here with any other parents.  I've been put into a family that was right for me.  The Lord knows me and what I needed to have to stay active in His Church.  And the fact that I've been striving to follow my Savior for thousands of years before this one.  So why give up now.

 I really needed that testimony that I was suppose to be here.  Not only that but the fact that it brought the Spirit into my heart.  I bore my testimony/shared the experience with Elder Parks and then the Spirit told me to share with Elder Kindred the spirit that he brings.  The example that he is as a District Leader to me.  He prays so long at night.  It really makes me strive to be more humble, more communicative to my Heavenly Father.  Elder Kindred said he was glad that I waited to go on [my mission - when he was on] his mission.  I am glad I'm here.  In the name of Jesus Christ amen.  в имя Иисуса Христа - Амин. 

No comments:

Post a Comment