2/25/11

February 21, 1997 - Friday

Wow next week is March.  About a month more and I will be with a different comp.  Maybe in a different branch.  Who knows.  We are having pork chops tonight.  Mmhmm mmhhmm gooooooooooood!! [I really wrote that many m's h's & o's.]  Ст. Woolverton makes really good pork chops.  I make pretty dang good gravy I might add.  And some pretty tasty mash potatoes.  Well I'll write later.  We have to go talk to the president of the Branch about some stuff.  later dude.

[Post journal chat - I still remember the first time that I had pork chops on my mission.  It was the first time that I saw someone making gravy.  Dang it was goooooood.  It was at a big lunch after church on one Sunday.  I remember Ст. Johnson was the one that showed me how he was making the gravy with some rue.

At this time in my mission I've been mentioning picking up the mail and working with the Branch President.  I think that Ст. Woolverton was the District leader.  I would go to the office to pick up mail when I was with Ст. Barnes as well, but that was just because Ст. Barnes liked to travel.  We used to go across town to do service.  By "across town" I mean all the way across Moscow.

Metro stops were about 3 minutes apart.  Between where our apartment was and service, it was 18 metro stops with two line changes.  So it was easily over an hour of just travel time for us to get to the school where we did our service...which was just an hour long.  Then it was an hour travel back.  So we often would stop by the office to pick up stuff.]

No comments:

Post a Comment