2/2/11

January 30, 1997 - Thursday

Ст. Parks called this morning wanting to know if Ст. Aldredge [the Ст. that went down to Voronezh when I first got in Moscow] had left a black "Grammar and Illustrations" book.  I said that I'd look for one and if I found one I'd send it down.  I don't think there is one around, but I'll look.  I got up at 9:30am.  That's when he called so I had to.  He's in Nizhny [Novgorod] and he had me call him back because his phone really sucks there for some reason.

[Post journal chat - It was pretty weird to hear from Ст. Parks again.  It was out of nowhere.  I never did find that book in that apartment, but later in my mission I did get my hands on one, and I kept it.

Nizhny Novgorod (Нижный Новгород) means "Lower New City."  One of the first big cities of the Rus was called Novgorod or new city, and this one is lower/further south than the original.  At least it's not called New New City.  Who knows where it would stop then?]

No comments:

Post a Comment