11/23/10

November 21, 1996 - Thursday



This week has gone strange. Actually my whole stay in Russia has been strange. Right now 'm heating some stew up for supper. Ummm Umm. I made it and it is pretty good. I went and saw Red Square yesterday and part of the Kremlin from a distance. [that's me to the right there - although this picture is from a later date] Okay done with supper. Mmm Mmm good.


Last night around 6 a group of elders in town more got robbed and in a fight. 3 Russians stopped two elders as they were walking into their [apartment] building. They hit one guy and gave him a black eye. They took wallet, money & watch.  When they were searching their bags two more elders (who live in the same apartment as a 4-some) came in the building.  The three guys attacked and the elders beat the snot out of them and got the money back. 

So two of the elders will sleep over at our flat tonight.  It's almost 10:30 now.  It seems like 9:30 rolls around and I get really tired.  We moved everything around in the rooms today.  Now I basically have a room to myself.  Man - everyone around here is major trunky (it means that they are sitting on their trunks, packed and ready to go.  We didn't really get anything done today.  We went and helped the other elders move out, cleaned etc.  Then we came home and ate, went to institute and caught the end of English class.  Nobody was there really.  4 girls.  And nobody came to institute so we came home and cleaned everything.  Two of the foursome that got robbed are moving in with us for about a week so they can get another apartment up and running.

I am so tired so I am going to go to sleep.  First Ст.  Moyle was telling me tons of stuff and asking me all these questions about girls back home.  It was pretty funny.  Well night!

No comments:

Post a Comment