11/10/10

November 8, 1996 - Friday

[Pre-Journal Chat - Ok folks I was half tempted to skip the first part of this.  It's great to share the experiences that a mission brings - but it really pains me to have to re-read/re-live these particular entries.  That's one of the reasons I'm behind a couple of days.]

Well last night was the last for a while that I will see Sister Heaton.  That is a good thing.  The next time I see her will be after my mission. She said she'd drop off our letters at the post office, but they weren't there this morning.  So maybe she had to mail them because it was closed.  Oh well.  I wish her the best.  She had a huge paper due this morning that she was working on last night.  I hope she gets it done.

You know they talk about locking your heart.  I wonder how you do that.  Брат Wolsey met his wife over there in Moscow.  That is where she lived.  He was Branch President over her branch and she was Young Women's Secretary.  So he saw how hard working and stuff she was.  But nothing happened between them until after his mission.  Even until after he was released, did they talk about anything besides his mission etc.  Well night.

Okay it's after the last class.  It was awesome.  We taught investigators improp [?? - on] ты [tee - see mini Russian lesson below].  The Spirit was definitely there I was so comfortable.  Ст. Beckstrand & Ст. Kindred found out I wrote the notes.  Maybe Сестра Jensen too.  Well night

[mini Russian lesson - ы is a hard letter to pronounce.  вы sounds like a short v sound with wee after - vwee.  ты is a softer sound, with no w sound in it.  ты is informal or singular, while вы is formal or plural.  Someone your age or younger you can speak with on ты.  When we pray in Russian we talk to Heavenly Father - we talk in ты, just like we pray in English using thee, thou, thine etc. like Spanish - tu.  вы is a little like y'all - if you are speaking to a group of people,  or if the person is older than you, or someone that you need to be formal with, like a Dr. or a teacher etc.]

No comments:

Post a Comment