6/14/12

June 15, 1997 - Sunday (about Sat really)

Yesterday [Saturday June 14, 1997] was pretty fun.  We had a празник [holiday] for the 150 yr anniversary of the pioneers' trek across the U.S.  We met at the opening of Измайловский парк and we walked through it to a lake in the middle.  Then we had a couple of talks by some church members and on by През. Jarvis [Pres.].  Then I waited in line forever for a hot dog that basically sucked.  Then everybody played soccer or volleyball.  I played volleyball.  My team - all guys one [won] 3 in a row and we were so tired that we kind of let the 4th one go.  It was just so hot. 



I had the handkerchief Mike [Herrick - my brother] gave me wrapped around my neck so I wouldn't get a bad sunburn.  Well I kind of forgot about my face.  It's not too bad.  Just a little red, but my face will definitely be darker.  I have a pretty good tan now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment