6/23/12

June 20, 1997 - Friday

Okay we pretty much screwed off today and yesterday.  We went signboarding today and I freaking suck.  No I did alright but I need to do it more.  Oh I almost forgot but when I called Лидия Залыгин[а - Lidia Zaligina] to talk about her birthday.  I said "Что - тебе двести лет да?" [What - you're 200 years old right?  - Instead of 20 years old.]  She got a good kick out of that.  So did Ст. Schwartz.  In fact he teased me unmercifully. 

Tomorrow we have a pretty full day already.  If everything falls into place.  And we might even have a D with Дима [Dima] the guy that speaks English.  That will be weird to see how we do that.  Service today was draining because the kids were really freaking wanting.  They don't get love or attention very often so they want all they can get.  One little girl, Катя [Katya] (the not so nice one) kept grabbing  me in the balls and they told me пипсик & баначки two words that I don't exactly know what they mean.

[mid-journal chat - pipsik & banachki - hahahaha - two words that I still don't know what they mean.  Both words are shortforms - meaning small versions of the normal words - so I assume that they were calling it little - the picture below is of service, but with the companion after Shwartz - from left to right are Elders Steve Nelson, Ken Bassett, Ben Erickson (my companion) and some really awesome dude from Idaho!  Look at how freaking cool the little kid is sitting off to the side on his own.] 

I had one good contact Васили Филипович [Vasili Filipovich - I'm probably talking about when we went signboarding earlier in the day] - he lives outside the city in Подолск [Padolsk - a city just south of Moscow - almost a suburb - an electrichki - an electric train - carries passengers in every day - about a half an hour ride to Moscow].  It would be cool if we could go out to Подолск and give this guy a D and then go over to a member's house and eat and have a little family home evening!   Well night!

No comments:

Post a Comment