10/11/10

October 11, 1996 - Friday

Well everything went really well.  I got down there [to Boise] and we talked for a whole lot and I got to bed at 1am and I got up at 6am, like usual and packed, dressed and wrote my letter of apology to Bridget Stace.

[Okay quick explanation about the ticket.  I was driving down Desert between Maple Grove and Cole.  At the dip by the canal there was a big truck and it was moving soooooo slow.  So I pulled out and went around.  When I got to the front there was a flagger waving at me - but I was already past.  They were repaving the road or something - but just the left side of the road. 

I went down the road about 1/2 mile and there was a flagger at the other end, standing in the middle of the road with a car or two behind her.  That flagger was Bridget Stace.  The car next to her moved over so that it was in it's lane and she stood in the middle of the road waving her flag.  I slowed down and almost stopped.  The flagger started to come around from the front of my car and when she was out of the way I drove off. 

The ironic thing is that I was actually going to meet the missionaries and go out on splits.  Evidently I got the date wrong or I was late or something because they were gone and I waited 5/10 minutes and then went home.  There was a cop waiting for me when I got home.  Ms. Stace had taken down my liscence plate # and called it in.  So the cop gave me a ticket for Reckless Driving - and since it was a civilian complaint - it was an automatic court date, I couldn't just pay a ticket.]

On the flight over there [Boise] I sat next to a lady from Arizona who was going to see her husband.  We talked a little bit about the Church but I didn't have the nerve to ask her of her beliefs.  But I did bear testimony that what I am doing is important enough to me that I would forsake movies [music, girls] etc. to serve H.F. and share my feelings of Christ.

But [back to court]  Bridget stood up after reading my apology letter & just wanted to tell the court that it scared her and how important it is to obey traffic laws - especially the laws of construction site because it's not only for the construction workers safety but the safety of the public also.  Night.

[One last thing - So far this was the last ticket that I have ever gotten.  It was my 10th traffic ticket over 7 years of driving.  They were spread out enough that I never lost my liscence.  I have been pulled over since then, and rightly so, but NO MORE TICKETS - YEAH]

No comments:

Post a Comment