10/6/10

September 30, 1996 - Monday

Well I'm finally getting over my cold...sort of.  I have a headache today but it will go away.  And my throat doesn't hurt as bad.  I tried to write last night but I ran out of time.  I know my mind should be centered on my mission.  But I keep thinking about other things.  Like will Tammy [Krajnik] or Melissa [Gonzales] or Michelle [Merithew] ever write me?  It seems like they won't.  Just my luck huh?  Oh well - I also keep thinking about writing Sarah and sending her a Book of Mormon with my testimony.  I should have not just forgotten her before I left.  I wish I would've known how to share and invite her to do this before I left.  Then I would have known how to share my feelings with her...to at least give her the chance to feel the love I have felt.  Well I guess I had better go.  I'll write how my day went later.

Today we went to go and play sand volleyball. Много Хороши [the 1st word - Mnoga - means a lot of - I was trying to say very good, but a lot of good doesn't really make sense.  What I should have said was Очен Хорошо - or very good]  Actually I didn't play.

Today in our evening class we share how to give positive feedback and how to not criticize.  Last Sunday we had a companionship inventory and I told Elder Parks that I didn't like it when he corrected every little thing that I do.  So today I apologized.  It's really hard though.  It makes me so mad and I don't want to even know how to speak the language.  It makes me so I don't want to speak it at all.  But I got over it Saturday.  So I just keep telling myself that I need more patience. 

I'll let it go another week and then I will bring it up.  Because I could have a complete reversal in a week or two.  So if it is taking the Spirit away from me, then I will bring it up.  I also need to work on pride.  But tonight we talked about Faith.  It was awesome and then we talked about this and then Elder Parks gave the first discussion and he asked me a question and when I answered  - he immediately built on common beliefs and testified at the same time about resurrection.  Boom I felt the Spirit so strong.  And then we talked about it.  I've felt the Spirit so strong today.  But I've also felt so discouraged because of the way I've felt about Elder Parks.

So that is something that I definitely have to work on.  I'm very thankful though that my Heavenly Father has blessed me with the Spirit today.  I hope I can have it with me in the night and tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment