10/5/10

September 25, 1996 - Wednesday

I still feel sick but I got a blessing from the APs & my companions.  I still have a huge headache but at least the cold has mostly moved out of my chest.  It was difficult to breathe last night.  I had to wake up and cough - I felt like I was drowning.  When I woke up at 3am or so I went to the bathroom.  I felt really good because I could breathe deeply.  Something had kept me from breathing in all the way.  So I felt really good, but when I woke up at 6 I was really dry and my head hurt.  And my throat was super dry.  Now it hurts and I've been coughing on and off all day.  Yesterday I was coughing all the time. 

Whenever I'm sick I just don't care.  So today I really wasn't all that spiritual.  In our evening class we had gospel study and I was a bit contentious.  And Elder Clarke said something that I got angry at.  The fact that we just can't give up on certain parts of the doctrine and say that they aren't important to our salvation.  Just because they are super, really big, too hard to understand. 

So I was mad and closed up my mouth and didn't talk much.  Then I prayed that my anger wold go away.  I felt the anger drain from me and then I started to think about why I was angry.  Then I realized I was angry because I had kind of stopped believing in prayer.  I haven't gotten very many answers and I have a hard time recognizing if I get them.  Well I have to go to bed to stay within mission rules.  night

No comments:

Post a Comment